Thursday, June 21, 2007

The one with some random stuff

Hey, just got back from safari. Five days, four nights in Lake Manyara National Park, Serengeti National Park and the Ngorogoro Crater. I'll write it all up for you tomorrow, but the highlights: we saw lions eating lunch, saw other lions at _extremely_ close range, giraffes are awesome, wildebeests suck, a Swedish guy threatened to maim me.

Before I left I had dinner with some interns. As promised, here's a shout out to Ting Ting. TTC is in the hizzouse!

For now, I'm back in Arusha 'til probably Saturday, when I'll head west towards Rwanda. I'll soon circle back to Uganda, and July 2 will leave Kampala for Greece.

Where I will stay (with a side trip to Turkey) until Friday, August 3, when I'll head for New York. I think all my NY friends will be out of town, but if not there'll maybe be a small get together on Saturday night. Come see me, and meet the G family! If not, maybe I'll just take my sister out to celebrate her new job.

On Monday, August 6, exactly 9 months after I left, I'll return to Minneapolis.

Where I'll be staying... Some of you seem to have an idea that I'm moving to Boston to study Metabusiness. I dunno, kinda sounds like something someone made up on April Fool's Day.

So if you have any ideas about what I should do when I get back, let me know. Did I mention I'm broke and unemployed?

Okay, more soon.
chao,
sg

3 comments:

Mandy said...

in my defense... i 1.)think you are smart enough to go to harvard. 2.)had just had a baby(er 2 months before) and was suffering "postpartum brain." dang, i'm gullible.

Susie said...

Yay! You are coming to NY...I'm still so jealous of the trip! I think Andrea should be in town...

SethG said...

Mandy, it's not just you. I probably average two or three people per week, even after I wrote this.

Yeah, I know, I know people don't have time to chase down every link, I'm just thankful you read this at all...

Can't wait to meet Henry! (And Allison Joy and Bella and Leo and Peter and TYson and R Jr and L Jr and K Jr and Bart and Echo and you know who...)