Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The one with speling arrors

One thing I forgot to mention about Zanzibar: spelling on the menus.

I find (and I'm sure make...) spelling errors all the time, anywhere, but in East Africa they're everywhere. My favorite might have been the Grossary store I passed in Uganda, but two of the restaurants I ate at in Nungwi had some fun ones.

At the Paradise Bar and Restaurent things on the Barbercue menu come with barbicue sauce. There's a Bolognesex pizza. And the Non Alcohol Coctails include spirits such as

  • Vordika
  • Johnnie warker (black and relebble)
  • Jack Deniels
And at the place I ate the next night, drinks included
  • Milk Sheak
  • Vagine Bloody Mary
  • Vaginepina Coleda
  • Daqure
Anyway,
sg

1 comment:

ty said...

these are beautiful... it made my day.

-ty