Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The one where I'm coffee shopping

But no cribbage until after I do a bunch of work on my resume draft. But later...

Snu's birthday was yesterday (Happy Birthday Snusie!), which means mine's coming up. Not quite ready to have my house party yet, and I don't usually care about it, but I'm trying to live The Opposite.

So, I might have a gathering at a bar or something. Probably last minute to make it easier for people to invent excuses not to make it (and of course harder for people who do want to come to make it...)

Or, I'm thinking about going to Vegas with some friends this weekend. I could get a ticket for under $300, or use my USAir mileage to come back Sunday evening and avoid the redeye.

Or, I'm thinking about buying me some kittens, theoretically to be named Myron and Gail, though that could change after I meet them.

Or, more than one of the above.

See, old Seth would have done none of these things, whereas new Seth is at least considering them!

Oh, and did I mention I'm a grad student now? Starting today, with just two (really 1+) classes to see if I like and want to stay in the program. It's at Colorado State, not Harvard, and I'm not moving anywhere--I can complete virtually the entire degree, I think all except my project/thesis defense, from literally anywhere. But it does mean my coffee shop time will probably not decrease for a while yet...

ta,
sg

No comments: