Saturday, January 12, 2008

The one with invested powers

No job yet, but I did land a consulting gig. Of sorts--on May 18th, I'll officiate at my 3rd wedding. If you or someone you love wants to get hitched in Minnesota, check with me to confirm scheduling--I have very reasonable rates, must less than the other guy charges!

I should have a tag line, but "Reverend Doctor Seth, for all your nuptial needs" is lame, inaccurate, and the only thing I can think of right now. You work on that, I'll get started on my logo and look into ad space.

In other news, we're 2-0 in the big winter league season. The schedule toughened up a bit as we played the "Alumni from the other school in Northfield that plays ultimate, but never had any success". Kind of a weird team name. They had Trueslut, Schmelzle, BK, Solarz, some others. We had I think 8 boys and 9 girls, perfect numbers for playing 3/2 on a Friday night.

The game was close for a while, I think they were up 3-2 at one point. Then I had a monster (er, I mean phantom) d that sparked a decisive 9 point run to let us put the game away. This was kinda an ideal winter league game--we started at a perfectly reasonable 8pm, and with our numbers I didn't really need to pay that close attention...I guess we were up 11-3 at one point, a point at which I don't think I could have told you whether we were winning or not. I think it was 13-6 at the end, good enough to vault us in to 2nd place in the league standings for now.

My stats, again, were very unimpressive. 6 points played, +2, 1 goal, one lucky assist. I had a bad position at one point to let my defender get an easy poach.

Now I'm supposed to discuss best/worst vs worst/best, but I won't do that for fear of finding out where I stand. Though I assume in my case it's more middling/average vs average/middling.

chao,
sg

No comments: