Saturday, January 05, 2008

The one where I'm a driver, I'm a winner

Hey, I've missed you guys. Happy new year!

Sorry about my absence. I was planning to write up the trial for which I actually served on the jury, but never did. I will now, if you're interested, though I assume no one reads this anymore so I won't unless you ask for it. But I don't mind, and I've got notes, so feel free to ask away.

Then I was gonna post a note about the Irony Of The Year, an actual irony and not just an Alanis thing that sucked, when I saw this lede: "BELOIT, WIS. (AP) -- Ken Hendricks, a roofing company billionaire, has died after falling through his roof."

Then I think I was gonna post something else, or maybe it was some other thing, but I didn't. So now we're here.

The end of last year was...inauspicious. But, like Beck says, things are gonna change, I can feel it. This'll be a busy month, with lots planned. Accomplishments so far include

  • broke the 20-minute barrier for a NY Times Friday puzzle (by a bunch, and I should have broken 15)
  • called a girl
  • installed my cd/dvd player
  • bought dining room chairs
Stay tuned for an end-of-month fiesta to rock G's house.

In ultimate news, Wanna Buy a Duck is off to a strong start in Friday night winter indoor. Now 1-0 on the year. We beat Christian Science Reading Room, 21-0. (In 50 minutes, and goals count 1 pt each.) Thanks to the vagaries of our system, we're currently ranked in 4th place in the league.

Anyway, to the game. I played awesome. I was just so stoked to be playing ultimate frisbee again. I was +5 (only played 5 points). I had 1 goal, 2 assists. No turns, as Dave caught the one shitty pass I threw. For some reason we used a Wham-O, which my experienced hands sensed immediately.

K, I'm audi. Betcha I know what responses will focus on! And I of course mean the Steelers game.
Here we go, Steelers, Here we go! (4X),
sg

5 comments:

Mandy said...

glad to see your back on your blog. i'm excited to hear that you finally bought chairs for your infamous dining room table. good work. :)

Mandy said...

[sorry about the careless grammar error in the earlier post. i can't stand to see myself in print like that.]

glad to see you're back on your blog. i'm excited to hear that you finally bought chairs for your infamous dining room table. good work. :)

Vector said...

Ouch. I couldn't decide whether to cheer for Mike Tomlin or for Jack Del Rio. Both of them have vague ties to the Vikings. I found myself cheering for whomever was trailing, so it hurt that the Steelers lost. They WERE trailing at the end there.

Anonymous said...

Hey Seth - I'm still reading :) I'm interested in your court case - and just wanted to say Hi... so HI! Lisa
P.s. I loved your Beck reference!

SethG said...

Okay, I'll write it up...soon.

In the meantime, please note that I didn't mean to imply that soy un perdedor or that I'm a loser, baby,
sg