Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The one where I'm heading bush

Monday night, I came to Adelaide to start a trip to the Outback.

Tuesday, I booked a trip to the outback. (I don't know whether it's Outback or outback, so's I'll alternate.)

Wednesday, this morning, I start my trip. Which lasts about a week, so there'll be no blogging for a bit.

I also booked some other stuff for Melbourne and such. I ate lunch at an awesome market in the center of the city called the Central Market. I, yes, wandered around the city. It has a C(entral)B(usiness)D(istrict), which in American is "downtown" (or "dahntahn" in Pittsburgh), completely surrounded by parkland and set off from the suburbs. Like you can see here. I like that.

I took the tram to Glenerg to swim in the Southern Ocean, which didn't exist when I was young, and watch the sunset--now I just need to change my trip to hit the Arctic and I'll get them all!

Since I'm leaving, New Zealand info will have to wait some more, but Australia pictures are up: Sydney, Katoomba, Canberra, Adelaide.

chao,
sg

No comments: