Sunday, January 07, 2007

The one where I was in Katoomba

I was in Katoomba.

I spent much time doing nothing, and it was good. By which I mean I read (Tolkien, Chabon), saw some movies (Godfather and Scarface, but also Fifth Element and something I've completely forgotten four days later), watched some tv (Simpsons! "It's 80 past 2 on April 47th").


My hostel was kind of exciting pause not. But it didn't really matter--the town's pretty laid back, and it was an easy place to be for a coupla days. I took some short day walks along the edges of Blue Mountain National Park. Mostly on the outer cliff face, but also a couple of partial descents into the valley.

One day I walked over to the next town over, Leura. Which was extremely cute. And there seemed to be a rule requiring pfunny store names, which is really why I wanted to write this entry.





Hasta,
sg

No comments: