Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The one with Chinese cookers

My parents had a $50 gift certificate to JCPenney, and there was nothing they wanted from JCPenney. Same for me and Snu. But then I remembered that I was thinking about buying a wok, and they had a stir-fry skillet available for ~$45.

Two weeks later UPS showed up with a really big box. I figured they'd just over-packed, but it was really heavy. I opened the box to find a case of woks.

There was no packing slip, no phone number on the shipping invoice, no indication of who it was from, so I couldn't figure out how to even try to return it. And my parents had used a gift certificate, so there was no chance that we'd been overcharged for the extras.

Maybe mom just didn't notice the "Buy 1, Get 5 Free!" sign?

1 comment:

Johnjohn said...

I need a wok...