Saturday, July 28, 2007

The one with the weirdest dream yet

No reason to think it's from the medication, but I had another weird dream.

28 July 2007, 3:30 am, Perissa, Santorini, Greece
The Dream:

I'm driving along on my way up nort dere. When I get to Analfi, MN, I see a series of signs along the road commemorating the highest scorer each year on AHSME, the American High School Mathematics Examination.

One sign has a bunch of flags around it. I stop to check it out--it turns out that this was the guy that set the state record, and I'm surprised to find that I know him. It's Virgil Amundsen, my friend Christine's dad.

As I'm looking at the sign Virgil walks over and says hi. He's old, and he's wearing an eye patch.

He shows me some recent press clippings from some newspaper in Pennsylvania, I didn't catch its name, that just did a story about his accomplishment. The article also mentioned that the other person on the math team the same years as Virgil was Nelson Muntz, who barely qualified but of course went on to become a famous comedian.

I wake up.

Some notes: Christine is from North Carolina, and I'm fairly sure her maiden name wasn't Amundsen--her parents are Korean. I don't actually know anyone named Virgil or Amundsen. I don't think there is an Analfi, MN, and if there is I've never been there. Nelson Muntz is a character on The Simpsons who once said "That's like asking the square root of a million. No one will ever know." And, in case you didn't know it, I was myself a high school mathlete.

Snu, you never got around to analyzing my other dreams, but feel free to have a go at this.
sg

1 comment:

Susie said...

I will have analyzation in the next two days, just before you come home.