Sunday, March 11, 2007

The one with festooning

Apparently, my house was recently festooned with rose petals and candles. Congratulations, Bridget and George!

In other, less dramatic, news, the workshop is over now. I'm leaving tomorrow to visit Paige's field site in Ssembabule District for a couple of days, my first visit out of the city to a place where there's nothing touristy, just Ugandans living their lives.

When I come back to Kampala, I'll start making plans for the rest of my time in Africa. I''m not sure what comes next, but at some point I want to see (and climb) Kilimanjaro, I want to see animals, I want to see places. I might visit some of the people I met at the workshop, I might explore on my own, I just know I shouldn't treat these months as a Kampala retirement.

And on another note, the pictures are up for Fox Glacier, Copland Valley and Wanaka.

L8r,
sg

1 comment:

Mark said...

It takes a very big dog to weigh a ton.