Friday, March 14, 2008

The one where I'm it

Whit tagged me on his blog, (my first!), so I guess it’s my turn to do a little post. Here are 8 Random Things about me.

1. When I was maybe 12 we saw a hit-and-run accident in Philadelphia. Dad said "Seth, remember this license number", so I did. It was PTG 704.

2. Russ, who runs the Math Skills Center at Carleton, retired my name tag ("Officer Seth") after I left. It usually lives in his desk drawer, but when he thinks one of his tutors shares the qualities (?) he associates with me they have a ceremony and he grants them the use of the tag until they graduate. I do not know if there's a current holder of the Officer Seth Name Tag.

3. (Semi-)recent Halloween costumes have included Rollergirl, David Bonior, Mini-Me, Jared, a Seven-Card Stud, and The Milkman.

4. Snu and I were given free sundaes once to pose for pictures for an ad for Paces, an ice cream place, because our red hair was so cute. The ad appeared, in black-and-white.

5. Matt Bahr, who won a Super Bowl ring when he was a rookie kicker with the Steelers, once signed my stomach.

6. I name things. My first car was a 1989 silver Dodge Shadow named Big Bertha. Then I had Blue, now Roberta (but you can call her Bobbi). My flash drive is named Gordon. I have computers named Erdos and Ricki on my household network, Mortimer.

And I always bowl under H-names--Hank, Hal, Hubert, Herb...

7. If you count all words, not just the ones no one else had, I scored 250 points on a boggle hand this morning.

8. I'm an ordained minister in the Universal Life Church (of Modesto, CA). My credentials are on file with the State of Minnesota, and I will soon officiate at my third wedding ceremony.

I've also been awarded a Doctor of Metaphysics degree, for which I paid the church $20.

You can call me Reverend Doctor Seth. I'm Jewish.

1 comment:

Vector said...

Time the crossword tomorrow and put the time down as your Tuesday record.